In 2018-19, we:
- Prepared four meals a month for up to 60 homeless or at-risk teens.
- Took 100% of our electricity from our rooftop solar panels.
- Worked at the Utah Food Bank.
- With a bake sale/brunch, raised $500 for No Kid Hungry.
- Sponsored the education of a 9-year-old Nepali boy for the next three years.
- Sold certified organic, fair-trade coffee to support a Mexican farmers cooperative.
- Marched in the Salt Lake City Pride Parade.
Since 2012, SVUUS has shared half of our Sunday Service cash offerings with a worthy organization. Recent recipients are:
|American-Nepali Student & |
Women’s Educational Relief
|Educational opportunities in Nepal|
|Candy Cane Corner||Holiday gift shop for families experiencing homelessness|
|The Florence Project||Legal aid for immigrants|
|Flourish Bakery||Training for those in recovery or reintegrating after incarceration|
|Hope Clinic Utah||Local healthcare for the uninsured|
|The Inn Between||Safe haven for the homeless in medical crisis|
|No Kid Hungry||Access to hunger relief programs for kids|
|Rape Recovery Center||Support for victims of sexual violence|
|VOA Center for Women & Children||Support for low-income women recovering from substance abuse|
|Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Northern Utah||Responsible stewardship of wildlife and habitat|