What We Believe
We believe that there is no single religious truth. We believe we don’t have to think the same to love and respect one another. We are guided in all things by these Seven Principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations.
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- The rights of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
For more detail about South Valley and its community, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.