Social Action at SVUUS
Deeds, not creeds.
- SVUUS participates in area interfaith organizations like FACE Hunger & Homelessness, Crossroads Urban Center and Food Pantry, the Salt Lake Interfaith Roundtable, the Utah PRIDE Center, and Family Promise.
- We take 100% of our electricity from our rooftop solar panels.
- We prepare 2-3 meals a month for at-risk teens.
- We work at the Utah Food Bank.
- We offer family-friendly service projects that are multi-generational.
- The Social Action Council leads occasional worship services around themes of Caring for the Unhoused and Honoring the Earth.
Each week, we share our Sunday Collection with a worthy nonprofit organization that aligns with our UU Principles. We rotate among local, state national and global organizations such as these:
|Black Lives Matter Utah
|Advocating for police accountability and transparency
|Improving our air through education and policy
|Navajo & Hopi Families COVID-19 Relief Fund
|Direct assistance to elders and the vulnerable
|Utah Food Bank
|Fighting hunger statewide
Volunteers of America Youth Resource Center in Salt Lake City.